Founders Meadow- (1.0 acres) (clone 412) (3x5 spacing)—The Founders Vineyard block was replanted in 2012. It is a replant of the historic vineyard planted by the estate’s founder, Napa Valley pioneer Lorenz Petersen in 1879. The block is at 800 feet above sea level on an exposed meadow that fronts the Vineyardist winery. Exposures are east to west with slopes of 15%-20%. Mixed gravelly volcanic soils atop volcanic ash comprise the meadow’s soil structure. This block produces our estate Sauvignon Blanc.